April 25, 2022
Beware of Chinese knock-off HP Series repair kits and diaphragms selling on Amazon and eBay!
HIBLOW HP-60/80 genuine factory certified diaphragms and repair kits have the HIBLOW logo.
For nearly 3 years, a Chinese company has been manufacturing knock off repair kits for HP Series HIBLOW pumps. They look nearly identical at first glance, and their sellers on Amazon and eBay often include language in the listing that is meant to deceive. Don’t be fooled!
Installing a knock-off repair kit can be disastrous. Often the parts will not fit properly which can cause the rod to move out of alignment and destroy the inside of the pump. The pump can also run louder. The diaphragms often rupture in a few months, or even a few days.
How do you know if the parts are a knock-off and not authentic?
1) The HIBLOW logo is on the authentic HP-60/80 diaphragms and casing blocks as seen in the picture. Soon the HP-100/120 diaphragms and casing blocks will have the HIBLOW logo, and subsequently, all HIBLOW models will include the logo
2) The authentic kit is made in the Philippines. The fake kit is made in China.
3) The authentic filter is a yellowish color while the knock-off filter is often white. However, sometimes the sellers will illegally use the HIBLOW filter to deceive
4) The knock-off kit is usually significantly lower in price. If the price is too good to be true, it is.
5) Upon receiving the package, make sure you see the following sticker on the box:
Help us out!
If you buy a knock-off kit, please leave a negative review, and report it to Amazon or eBay. As is the case with other knock-off products around the world, “reviewers” are hired to increase the ratings to deceive the end user.
April 25, 2022